Friday 19 October 2012

What did I Give at the End of The Day?



As this day comes to an end ~
Did I remember to call a friend?
Touch someone’s heart to help it mend
And have I helped someone in need?
Or planted laughter as a seed?
And what of the elderly all alone?
Did I give flowers to brighten their home?
When troubles found wet lonely tears?
Did I listen with my heart or just with my ears?
I’ve had 24 hours to spend today
Eight of them I dreamed away
16 hours remain for me
Plenty of time, don’t you agree? 
How long does it take to give a smile?
So small a task, making life worthwhile
And a friendly hug, absolutely free
Can be given to anyone, including me?
So I ask myself at the end of the day
How much love have I given away?
(by Audrey Hunt)

8 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful poem and I like the picture of the hands. I appreciate your hard work very much. :)
    You know everyone, did you see CF's second last reply in Empathy through suffering? She said it would be nice if a reader drops a comment ever once in a while. So I fully encourage y' all to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CF, any prize for Val for being the 'first kid on the blog'?
    Yeah, wonderful verses, little acts that we can do to touch someone's life.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Evelyn,

    Yes,there should be one for Val. Two nights in a row!
    Thanks Evelyn.

    CF

    ReplyDelete
  4. The poem is also relevant for readers here. A word here or there in the comment section will show that we appreciate CF's effort and time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing good without spending a single cent. This summed up this beautiful poem.

    Wonderful.


    Gary

    ReplyDelete