Sunday 25 November 2012

Spiritual Sojourn

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings. My posts probably do not make easy reading. They are topics close to my heart. They are also reminders to myself to practice.

Recently, I  met a wonderful teacher. When he spoke, he touched my heart, for I could relate to everything he said. He seemed to answer questions which had been on my mind, without me having to ask. I feel inspired by him and  feel thankful to have met him.

I have found so many learning experiences in my life. I read somewhere that you can either choose wisdom or consequence as a teacher at any one time, not both. If we do not choose wisdom, consequence will be chosen for us by default, and it is by far the tougher of the two, and much costlier. If you don't learn wisdom, you experience the consequence. How true.

I shall be leaving on a spiritual sojourn. I am not sure if there is wifi available where I am going. I just want to wish all of you a life of spiritual and emotional wellness. May you have good health, success and happiness always. Choose wisdom and travel light.

4 comments:

  1. Hi CF

    Wisdom comes with our experiences in our lives, and we should get wiser when we grow older as we would have come across lots of experiences and examples. We should not make the same mistakes over and over again , and its easier said than done. We should be wise enough to learn.
    CF, hope you have a good retreat and a fruitful one. Come back wise and awaiting your stories on your experiences spiritually. I wont ask where you are going though I'm very much tempted to know. We will wait.
    Sze

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sze,

    My teacher said to go with the flow, learn to put away the expectations and take life as it is. Everything is part of nature, "good or bad" Fear, disappointment, anger, joy. They are all our teachers. Embrace them and learn from then. It is also part of being human. Learning to live this way however takes lots of practice.

    CF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear CF,

    Your writings resonate with me. I have a friend whom I thought was thick skin. As time passes I realize that he is practising dhamma. Glad that I can learn from both you and him. Have a safe trip.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CF
    Enjoy your retreat! Leave your laptop behind and forget about availability of WIFI over there. Free your mind of all the problems and worries. Just go with the flow. It's not everyday that we get to do this and have a good teacher to guide us. May you be Well & Happy always.

    Rgds
    CP

    ReplyDelete