Saturday 26 January 2013

Chinese New Year Preparations

 
We will be celebrating the Chinese New Year soon in  February. Many people are busy making preparations, cleaning their houses, baking cookies or getting their hair trimmed. I was at the hair salon yesterday. I decided to try this new place called Spazio, recommended by my new friend, Lily.  I heard that the boss, Max is good but I could not get a last minute appointment to see him so my hair was done by his hairstylist, Jeffrey instead. The place was packed.

Chinese New Year celebrations at my house is usually quiet because I spend my time at my parents or my in-laws. I am pondering whether I should celebrate it any differently this year but I think not. I look forward to a few days of respite from the the daily grind. However, New Year is usually a busy time meeting up with friends. This is something I look forward to. I also like the festive atmosphere.

I am getting worried about my dog Oreo though. She seems to be suffering from anxiety each time it starts to rain or hears loud sounds. Firecrackers will be the major problem soon. Recently, she tried to jump over the fence to the neighbour's again and chew herself out from her cage. I am at loss what to do. My cat, Toffee seems to have shifted home to be with her mother, two rows in front of our house. We drop by to see her now and then,  I think she left because she does not get along with the two male cats, Checkers and Caramel. Well, as long as she is well taken care of, I am happy.

I am feeling a bit depressed this morning. The mother of six-year-old William Yau confirmed that the body of a boy found in Port Klang yesterday is her son. My heart goes out to her and all the innocent children who get abused, tortured and killed. Life is so precious. Something is seriously wrong with this world. Let us all say prayers for him and his family, in our own way.

To  Sze, CP, KBT, KH, Cindi, Kok Piew, Teacher A, Kak Siti, Valkyrie, Micheal, Mike, Evelyn, Gan, Brother Lim, Justin  and other readers, I wish you an equally enjoyable time preparing for the coming Chinese New Year and if not celebrating,  a good time during these coming holidays.

18 comments:

  1. Yes CF!!!! HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO YOU!!!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Chinese New Year Cf!

    Cassie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gong Xi Fa Chai.

    Kee Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

    Wishing you hAppiness and prosperity,

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Chinese new year 2013

    Kenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Chinese New Year, CF.

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  7. GONG XI FA CHAI!

    Alonso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear CF,
    Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family in advance :)
    Another two weeks of cleaning, decorating and shopping! A tiring job indeed. And all in a blink of eyes, it's another festival gone. Time flies... so let's make the most out of our time.

    Just like you, I'll be spending my CNY at my in-laws. My MiMi and family will be left to fend for themselves during this period and I know they'll be hiding in the drain and under the car or shoe shelf when the neighbours play with the fireworks 'sigh'. But well, they've been strays before so they will know what to do. I'll radiate metta to them during this period for them to be safe at all time.

    As for your Oreo, would it be possible for you to leash him or put the cage in one of your rooms or maybe the kitchen area where the impact of the sound will be lesser and she'll feel safer in your absence?

    I concur with you on your comment about the world we're living in. I've been seeing and hearing about robberies, snatch thieves etc happening around my area the last few months. I even witnessed a college student from Sabah being robbed right in front of my house but it was too late when I sounded the alarm and ran down from my room upstairs. These robbers are really pro in their job. My back door neighbour was robbed of her car parked at her gate two months ago and it was captured in her home CCTV. She told me the time taken for these guys to smash her windscreen, pulled her out of the car and robbed her of her belongings before driving off her car was less than 1 minute. It's really scary to even step out of our own house now.

    May all beings be Well, Happy and Safe at all times.

    Rgds
    CP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear CP,

    Yes, I would like to comfort Oreo. I pity her because she must be terrified. I don't know if a leash will work if we leave her in the car porch. Bringing her into the house is an option I have to discuss with my husband.
    Btw, since you are so innovative with the tang yuen, do you bake cookies? I am looking for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe to bake with my daugther.

    Happy Chinese New Year in advance too!

    Rgd,
    CF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi CF
    Leashing Oreo in the car porch might not work that well coz if she's frightened she might pull hard and that might hurt her. Best to keep her further away from the sound. How about a dog house? The wooden type where she can feel safer?

    Sorry I'm not good in baking hahaha.. but if u wish to have some recipes for chocolate chip cookie, I might have some. Let me check and I can email you?

    May you be Well & Happy always.

    Rgds
    CP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear CP,

    Thanks for the offer. I do have some recipes which I obtained from some baking sites. Just looking for a tried and tested good recipe.
    Are there wooden kennels sold here? I though it might be a bit warm. My husband thought of getting a large wooden box for Oreo but it is hard to get a large one.

    Rgds,
    CF

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI CF
    Sorry can't help you with the recipe coz never tested baking that before :)

    Try calling PetsMart Group - Dog Food,Wooden Dog House&Dog Carrier,Wire Dog Cage,Dog Feeder&Leash&Collar
    Contact No. 603-6156 7912/603-6156 1912. In their website, they claim to have wooden dog house but I can't see any photo of that in the site though.

    Cheers,
    CP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear CP

      I called the second tel number. The company sells plastic dog houses but they are rather pricey ranging from RM800 to RM 1100. I intend to pay them a visit but I hope a cheaper solution comes up soon.
      Thanks for your help.

      Rgds
      CF

      Delete
  13. Dear CF,

    Gong Xi Fa Cai to you n all your readers. Been busy lately, but I do pop by this blog.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Evelyn

      Thanks for popping by though you have been busy lately. Nice to hear from you. Wishing you a good celebration a nd Gong Xi Fa Cai too in advance.

      Rgds
      CF

      Delete
  14. Hi CF,

    Thanks for the wishes ! Wishing you a healthy & blissful year ahead too !

    Gan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear CF & your readers,

    Gong Xi Fa Cai 恭喜发财,
    Xin Siang Sze Chen 心想事成,
    sen ti jian kang 身体健康,

    rgds, kokpiew

    ReplyDelete